Saturday, October 17, 2015

Digital Blog Post G

Digital Blog G
            I really enjoyed reading over this chapter in our textbook. This chapter Promoting Success for All Students, There are some new and exciting ways to get more and more students interested using technology in the teachers everyday classrooms.
            For the younger generation of students that have a tough time fully grasping things because they are more visual learners, I think using interactive electronic storybooks to help students become more into reading by providing visuals on the computer that go with what they are reading in their books. I can relate to this a lot because this wasn’t the most interesting to me because I could never fully engulf myself into any book, and I think it was because I wasn’t gaining the full story by just reading, I always liked seeing things unfold before my eyes. I think this will really help the students that are like me and keep them interested throughout the whole book.
            The second thing that was interesting in this chapter was the concept, differentiated instruction. This concept focuses on the instructor creating lesson plans that will meet the individual needs of each student. I thought to myself that, while this concept could take some time to figure things like how all my students like to learn, it could pay off in the end because they will hopefully have all been as interested as possible since I taught to all their specifics of how they like to learn.


            The last thing I liked in this chapter was the international newspapers and interactive maps part. I enjoyed this because I had a teacher always using his map whenever he describe current events. It gave us not on the information we were being taught, but it also showed us first hand again with visuals. He also incorporated lessons where we had to do a story every week on one informative article in the news paper. It gave me a good grasp on current events and geographical areas also.

Resources:
Hurley, B (October 17th, 2015) Technology to The Rescue created with Piktochart

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Brandon - sounds like you found many connections to the content in this chapter. I like the idea of electronic storybooks, as well. The opportunity to add multimedia to both techbooks and various other texts really shows the power of technology - appropriate Piktochart, too! :)

    ReplyDelete