Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Final Reflective Blog



Final Reflective Blog
            My journey in ‘Intro to Technology for Educators’ was really fun. I really enjoyed all the lessons we covered this semester; learning more about technology and especially learning how to create blogs, wiki’s, Web Pages, and new ways to cite resources. I have always used technology since I’ve been growing up along with it, but actually learning how to create different types of web items was completely new to me. Since I’ve only created things like Face book or Twitter; which were already created and I was just joining. I realized how fun and important it is to create my own websites and blogs from scratch. I also see how important it is to give credit to others work that I use and cite it on my pages and I will continue to do so in my future. I know there is still so much to learn with technology and I’m excited to continue my learning and my future as a tech-savvy educator.


            I really liked reading the chapters in the textbook and learning all that each chapter had to talk about and learning the correct terms to all the technology items we discussed and learned about; what they’re used for and what they bring to the classroom. The discussions in our course were a little bit different in this course than in other courses I’ve taken. I usually just talk about a certain topic and then receive a grade on if I understood the content. This course was way more interactive and enjoyable then past online courses I’ve taken. In the past I’ve taken courses where it’s just a discussion topic and exam. In this course we got to take a stance on the discussions and back them up with facts we found and then discuss our opinions with our classmates’ opinions to receive full credit, it definitely made it more interactive.

            The only problem I found myself in with this course was the last assignment and it was mostly due to time I got to spend on the assignment itself, due to other circumstances. If I had applied more time to the assignment I would have had done a better job, I think.
            My favorite assignment we did in this course was the group lesson plan, I found that to be the best group experience I have ever done in college. My classmates completed their parts of the lesson timely and efficiently and helped each other out throughout the duration of the assignment.
            I would for sure tell people to take this course if they’re interested in teaching as a profession. It seems like a difficult class when you first begin, but the second week in I realized that if I just read the instructed chapters in the textbook and participated in all the discussions, group work, and creating the websites and blogs, I can come out more knowledgeable and satisfied with what I learned in this course. I liked the way this course was set up; it was way more involved than most of the other online courses I’ve been a part of; from the discussions to the website creations. I will take a lot of what I’ve learned in this class with me throughout my educational career into my profession.
 
References 


Hurley, B (December 9th, 2015) Technology Has Inspired created with Piktochart
 
www.YouTube.com; 'The Advantages of Online Education', 2011; https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=advantages+of+online+education
 


1 comment:

  1. It definitely is a challenging course - but I'm glad you found it rewarding, as well. And, there is definitely a lot of learning going on. For you to look back and realize that not only did you learn content about the world of teaching, but also skills in technology (even for your generation who grew up with tech) is fantastic. I hope you will be able to take this learning on for your future classroom and students. :) Thanks for sharing your reflections.

    ReplyDelete